The Charles Sheils Charity is the largest Almshouse charity in Ireland and one of the largest in the UK.
We provide independent living for those within the local community who are most in need. We operate from five locations across Ireland, each one managed by a Superintendent who plays a key role in providing support to the residents.
We currently have a vacancy for a Superintendent to manage our Killough complex in Co Down and wish to invite applications from individuals who feel they have the skills and qualities to carry out this very rewarding and important role.
The details of the post are:
- Based in our Killough complex;
- 16 hours per week to be worked flexibly;
- Salary: £4,800.00 per annum plus living accommodation, broadband, heating oil and electricity.
The role of Superintendent is to provide support to the residents of the Killough Sheils Buildings and to assist in the good management of Sheils Houses Killough.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in working with individuals who reside independently within a common location;
- Ability to act as a point of contact for medical or other needs;
- Experience in co-ordinating property repairs and maintenance;
- Good communication, social and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to organise own workload and use initiative;
- Good IT skills and record-keeping.
An application form, job description and person specification can be downloaded from our website https://sheilscharity.ie/appointment-of-superintendent/
A hard copy of the application pack can be requested by contacting Charles Sheils Killough, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 028 4426 0173.
Completed applications must be returned by 5.00 pm on Friday, 15 July 2022.
It is envisaged that shortlisting and interviews for the post will take place during the month of July.